Friday, January 3, 2014

Theater Day!

A few weeks ago a friend let me know about an annual sale on a West End theater tickets for January.  I was able to nab tickets to a few shows before they sold out.

First up?  A matinee performance of Seussical the Musical.


Who-throw Airport, anyone?


Then on to Covent Gardens for a bit of a wander.


We saw a great street performer - but I can't get video to embed here yet....

Lunch of Paella?  Yes, please.


As we wandered we found Chinatown.


We split up and Ryan and Katy headed for home while I stayed in town - I had tickets to an evening production for that night to meet a friend.

In the meantime, I walked for several hours.  I finally managed to find Buckingham Palace.  It was a beautiful walk.


And then back down to the horse grounds, marble arch and back around to meet my friend.


We went to see The Phantom of the Opera.  It was a phenomenal performance - only marred slightly by the woman behind me singing along off key and loudly explaining to her husband the plot as we went.


A long (my train got home at almost midnight!) but incredible day!





















No comments:

Post a Comment